XJ750 Seca Trike

This is the place to show off your photos / details of your own trike build or resoration profect.
Herby01
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Re: XJ750 Seca Trike

Post by Herby01 »

Never rains but it pours doesn't it? :poke:
:loco: :crazy: :rotfl: :b :woot: :killing me: :rant: :drink: :shemademe:
jinjachin

Post by jinjachin »

Keep it up it will get done we all have problems when building because they are bespoke and built with second hand parts :respek:
lepchaun

Post by lepchaun »

yep keep at it jc a lot of us owe brian a favour he helped a lot of us
dave174
Part of the Furniture

Post by dave174 »

lepchaun wrote:yep keep at it jc a lot of us owe brian a favour he helped a lot of us
I certainly do!! Keep at it JC. We look forward to seeing it on the road :thumbsup: :respek:
JC1
Part of the Furniture

Post by JC1 »

+1 mm pistons and rings arrived, rebore done, managed to get away from work for the weekend and put a couple hours into the rebuild ...... just as I was putting the last cam sprocket bolt in .... I dropped it ... It bounced off the camshaft and down the cam chain tunnel ..... couldn't even see it using a mirror and torch ....spent the next 2 hours fishing with a magnet hoping it would do the trick .... no such luck.
I tried removing the head so i could see a bit more, no use, now I'm going to have remove the engine again to get the sump off .... arghhhh :hissyfit: :hissyfit: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:
jinjachin

Post by jinjachin »

Bugger :bang:
minimutly
Part of the Furniture

Post by minimutly »

I once dropped a mini distributor drive into a just built up mini power unit. Not wanting to split it I took the gearbox sidecasing off and rolled it on its side until it came out - worth tipping the yamaha engine upside down?
Herby01

Post by Herby01 »

Turn it on its side and see if it I'll come out the oil filler hole or the drain hole.
:loco: :crazy: :rotfl: :b :woot: :killing me: :rant: :drink: :shemademe:
JC1
Part of the Furniture

Post by JC1 »

Its been a while again but have made a bit more progress ... the dropped cam bolt had fallen all the way through to the sump, so I rescued it by just draining the oil and removing the sump. Engine now starting and running ok, just need to balance the carbs (will have to buy a 4 carb vacuum gauge, so it can wait for a bit) and then a final tweak of the mixture. I've moved on to the back end .... looking for advice or suggestions on the handbrake balance bar and what is acceptable for MSVA.
Originaly the handbrake was only on one wheel and used bicycle brake cable, so have had to redo the lot, I was trying to use existing handbrake lever because there are 2 lugs welded to the frame to suit it, (and I dont have the gear to redo it, hand tools only)
I've got most of the cable run sorted by using a standard Reliant handbrake cable, cutting it to fit then adding a piece of angle across the back axle. My intention was to solder nipples on the cut ends but .... the 2.5mm cable is made of stainless and .... wont!!!
So Im now thinking, can I drill a hole through some 8mm bolts and pinch it between a couple of bits of bar .....and .... any suggestions ....please.
Here are a couple of pictures ..
Handbrake 1.jpg
Handbrake 2.jpg
Handbrake 3.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jinjachin

Post by jinjachin »

Google solderless nipples not sure if they are good enough for hand brake though. I thought you didn't have to msva it as it was a bolt on rear.thinking about it measure the diameter of the cable and I'll see what I can do